Adaptive Certifications issues marks corresponding to the relevant standard for which approval has been given, by way of a current Certificate of Registration. The certification mark used must correspond to the standard against which the company has been audited and achieved registration
(i.e. ISO 9001, ISO 14001, etc.).
NOTE: Any misuse of marks may result in withdrawal of certificates.
Further information is contained in Adaptive Certifications Rules of Registration.
To ensure that the correct markings are used the following rules shall be observed by all companies who receive certification through Adaptive Certifications:
1. The marks shall be displayed only in the appropriate form, size and colour detailed in this instruction.
2. Embossed, relief, or die-stamped versions may be used. The marks may be reproduced as watermarks.
3. Electronic reproduction of the marks is permitted (including web sites) provided that the requirements are met and
– the mark is reproduced so that infilling does not occur
– degradation and/or distortion of the mark is avoided
– computer files of the marks shall be prepared from masters. Redrawn approximations may not be used.
4. Artwork masters are available on request.
5. Certification marks/logo shall not be used in any way that might mislead the reader about the status of a certified organisation, activities outside the scope and imply that product, process or service is certified. Holders of certificates shall not make, use or permit any misleading statement and certification document.
6. Holders of certificates issued by Adaptive Certifications may use the appropriate mark in the manner prescribed, on stationery and publicity material or other items relevant to their certificate.
7. Holders of certificates should not use its certification in such a manner that would bring the certification body and/or system into disrepute and lose public trust.
8. The term ‘publicity material’ shall not include notices, labels, documents or written announcements affixed to or otherwise appearing on goods or products, unless the goods or products have been manufactured under an accredited product conformity scheme. This restriction shall also apply to primary (e.g. blister packs) packaging, promotional products and test certificates/certificate of analysis.
9. Upon suspension or withdrawal of its certification, the use of mark or logo shall be discontinued from all advertising matter, stationery etc. that contains a reference to certification. The use of logo on all stationery/advertising material shall be amended if the scope of certification is suspended or withdrawn.
10. Upon reduction in scope, advertising shall be amended.
Adaptive Certifications will take action and deal with incorrect references to certification status or misleading use of certification documents, marks or audit reports. The action may include requests for correction and corrective action, suspension, withdrawal of certification, publication of the transgression and if necessary legal action.